Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Why?

I snapped 131 photos today. Well, SugarPlum was enjoying her first swim of the season, and it's a universally known fact that each nana's plum has a cuteness factor of 10, and every movement must be captured on film (or digitally tattooed on a hard drive). I knew I'd snapped 131 times, because the camera told me I had. So imagine my surprise when I began to upload photos and noticed they numbered over 140. Remember that I'm sometimes taken aback by discoveries that others have been using the camera?

Yes, this is the same child who approached me with two purple straws inserted into his beverage and into his nostrils. He wears these gloves while he does chicken chores. I'm rabidly, warringly opposed to the barbaric custom of washing one's child's mouth out with soap (yet such perpetrators would be a good fit in the current administration of uncivil government -- oops, who typed that!?), although something along those lines crossed my frantic mind when I found these photos. Too late anyway, as the photos dated 48 hours old, so any germs had had their way, and he still looks happy and healthy.

Why?




But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee. ~Psalm 5:11

No comments: