Thursday, May 29, 2008

Cousin Annie's Flowers

All the talk and photos here of flowersflowersflowers spawned some exchanges on the topic between Cousin Annie and me, resulting in my receipt last night of some of her flower photos. Cousin Annie lives far north of me and farfar south of me. Just go with it.

She sent these images of profuse and delicate wildflowers behind her home on Tablerock Lake:





And having asked if her peonies were blooming "up there" at her other home (since I have a single bloom on my odd, flat-faced peony bush), she sent these, amongst her photos of what she calls her "tame" flowers:




Boy howdy, I'd say Cousin Annie's peony bushes are blooming up there. What's up with that!?

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. ~John 15:4-5

No comments: