Sunday, April 27, 2008

Flower Faces

[Okay, this just isn't right. Since my little experiment -- uploading larger images in the last post -- resulted in the links to larger images not appearing in the HTML, I resized all my flower photos to fit within the text box before I uploaded them for this post. NOW the links are in the code for these photos. And I'm going to yank all the links code out, because what's the use of linking to an image the same size as appears in the post? *unladylike growling*]

I'd liken my knowledge of flowers to my knowledge of car makes and models: "What kind of car is it?"

"Umm...blue."

Try as I did to memorize the informational spikes in those flower flats, nearly all of the names have escaped me, and I'm not about to go digging through the trash to relearn what I'm going to forget again tomorrow. So, for the most part, this year I'm purple. Just as I wasn't even sure I like marigolds when I planted them 3 times in '06, due to late frosts, I'm not so sure I'm keen on purple either, but that's what I chose and planted this year. Someone else can try to sort that out...or poke me in the head, then maybe I'll know why I planted purple flowers.

Since we visited the silk flowers in this little basket during the mid-winter ice storm, we'll give it a spring update. Thereafter, humor me as I enjoy and share the little purple flowers.















The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the Lord bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever. ~Isaiah 40:7-8

No comments: