Saturday, April 5, 2008

Bunnies

"You wanna see some baby bunnies?" Son3 asked as he walked through the back door, his t-shirt tail folded up to create a sling. When we put them on the kitchen table, we learned that they're already good and fast hoppers, so we all got pretty loud, and there were hands and arms flying like crazy as we recaptured them and put them in a box.

Aww, babies.

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. John 15:5

2 comments:

Annie T. said...

I love baby bunnies & I've tried raising several that the dog dragged in. Are you keeping them? Planning on rearin' them up yourselves? If so, I wish you the best of luck. I have yet to see one make it very long in my captivity. I do have some info from a website on what to feed them, etc., if you're inclined.

CarolineNot said...

Naw, they went straight back to the nest after we'd fawned over them.

Listen, I know what to feed rabbits though. I used to watch Bugs Bunny, so I'm entirely educated about a rabbit's diet.

Cookies are fed to a goat.
Crackers get et by a parrot.
Chickens scarf bugs and blossoms.
The bunny prefers a carrot.


Would you say my animal husbandry and poetic skills are on a par with each other? ºÜº