Sunday, July 6, 2008

Keepin' It Real

We bought new batteries for the I QUIT camera this afternoon, so I've been snapping a whole bunch o' nothing as a test before Son2's wedding on Wednesday. It's one thing to miss a photo chronicle of the 4th of the July, and quite another to miss a wedding.

You might as well see what a good tender of my flowers I am. Look, I was doing okay for the first week or so. Then it began raining ... a lot ... but sort of sporadically. And I kindasorta got out of the habit of watering flowers. And the rest is history. Recorded and reported.



Sorry.

God does a great job taking care of His flowers.

I and mine -- notsomuch.

Here's the ravaged remnant of the 4th of July cake.

Once upon a time this mess was ... festive!

Still camera testing, I spied Elvis doing his ostrich impression, so I zoomed to grab that for you. What's a photo potpourri without chicken pics?

Good ostrich, Elvis!

Midas is the chicken king, and here he is in his perpetual, ruling posture.

He seemed a little vexed that Elvis was performing impersonations. Elvis just vexes him, period. Elvis is a little neurotic and once vexed me to the point that Son4 had to plead for his life. You think I'm kidding?

The camera is still working, so you may have to look at more dumb photos for a couple of days. What'd you say? No, no, no. If I have to rifle through this nonsense, you're doing it with me.


Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name. And they shall be mine, saith the Lord of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him. ~Malachi 3:16-17

No comments: