Thursday, January 29, 2009

Loafing

"Has this been opened?" Son4 asked, rotating the loaf a bit, so I could get a good look at it.

"No, I don't think so," I replied.  After all, it had come into the house just the evening before.

"Then why'd they give us just half a loaf?" he asked, a look of consternation on his face.

"That's just the way they do it.  They must bake it in a pan (*pause*) ... twice that size (You go, math and abstract thinking skills!) ... then package it in halves to sell."

In his defense, I normally buy our pumpernickel from the bakery, where we receive a whole loaf the size of this halfer.  By the way, Son4, they didn't give us anything.  I'm sure your dad paid dearly for that bread, even at the Dolly outlet store.

I'm dreaming of a ham sandwich ... chased with a SuzyQ.

*singing*

Do you know Dolly
Like I know Dolly
Ooh, ooh, ooh what a gal!


Wait.  I'm dating myself.  And I don't even believe in dating.  Forget that singing part.


And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.  ~John 6:35

No comments: