Monday, November 10, 2008

Refrigerator Art

I didn't lie. But about the time I said I don't do fridge art, I remembered having done fridge art. It's such an occasion, that I'd snapped a photo.

Zoomer and her husband were here for Thanksgiving last year, and Zoomer sat coloring with SugarPlum, who was fixated that month on fishes: "Make a fish, Nana. Make a fish." I'd left Zoomer and SugarPlum to continue making fishes, which task I'd been performing for a few weeks. I dunno, maybe I started grinding cranberries or something.

Zoomer certainly did make a fish and probably 'bout put me out of the Nana, make a fish job:


Now that's a fish!
See how pleased Zoomer is with her fish?
*snort*

Back to lying, though. I watched an interesting interview with Judge Napolitano a few days ago, in which he said people recoil at the use of the word "lie," and employing it in an accusation is ill-advised. He suggested it's acceptable, less repugnant to the listener, to use a term like "not true." Anything other than "lie."

God speaks of lies 43 times. He speaks of liars 21 times. Mayhap people don't like facing cold, hard facts: "That is a lie," or "____ is a liar." What is a liar, other than a person who consistently tells lies? We might pretty it up by saying prevaricator, which almost sounds like a character goal to which one should aspire.

A lie is a lie, but it's not socially acceptable to say so. If liars were called liars, might they be convicted of conscience to stop lying? *shrug* Interesting. I thought so anyway. Our society doesn't want to hear anything about lies. Apparently, that is true. ºÜº



And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. ~Revelation 21:6-8

No comments: