Tuesday, November 18, 2008

ArtisticNot KnitterSorta Pattern

I'm no artist. And I can only barely knit. But I studied a wrap-of-sorts which caught my eye at Wal*Mart recently, and its construction was so simple as to make me know I could knit one to be mine.

I intend to make it of this yarn, and I only bought two skeins, which may mean it'll barely be the length of a bed jacket -- or worse, a Pilgrim's collar -- rather than the dreamy, floaty shroud pictured in my mind:


Remembering I'm no artist, here's my rendering of how-to:


Measure from the nape of the neck to the point on the arm one wants the wrap to reach. Cast on enough stitches to create that width. Then knit, knit, knit until your rectangle reaches twice the length you want the wrap to be (or you use half your yarn); cast off = Side One. Repeat = Side Two.

Sew together the two rectangles just shy of halfway, allowing 2" to 4" to be swallowed by draping from the nape of the neck to the front, over the shoulders.

And that's a wrap.



But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also. ~Luke 6:27-29

1 comment:

Morgan said...

I like this idea very much! I've tried to knit a vest with no success, and try as I might I can't make much sense of patterns. I will have to try this! I hope you're having a nice day. :)