Friday, October 17, 2008

More P...P...P...

I better not say the word any more, lest someone throttle me, but the you-know-whats on the second you-know-what tree are finally ripening. I gathered enough from the ground to peel and slice four dehydrator trays worth of dried treats.

Zoomer called, and we'd been on the phone for a while, when I asked, "You know what I'm doing with you-know-whats right now?" although I said the word to her, because she loves me, and she'll put up with me saying it in a measure equaling the harvest poundage. "I'm dehydrating them." Zoomer did that last year and shared the tasty results with me. Yep, she mailed a generous portion of dehydrated you-know-whats to me, along with other of her harvest fare. I don't know if I would have thought to dehydrate any of our fruits, had it not been for tasting Zoomer's. I'll give her the credit ... if I must.

I can't recall how the cat got out of the bag, but I think I said something about how sweet my you-know-whats are, "...but of course, they would be."

"You didn't put sugar on them, did you!?" Zoomer's all about eating healthy, and I'm mostly about healthyNOT.

"C'mon, you know me. Why would you even ask?"

Son4 and I had quite laboriously dipped each and every little slice in a pool of sugar. I must say that there was an awful lot of intensive labor resulting in a mere bowlful of dried, candied you-know-whats. Candy. Mmmm, candy.


Zoomer, sorry but I won't be able to share with you. You know I would -- I WOULD -- because I'm such a generous person, always thinking of others before myself. I wouldn't wanna go making you sick or anything. (You buying any of this? ºÜº)



The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant. ~Psalms 25:14

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog. I am not blogging right now, but plan on stopping by here more often. I have so enjoyed hearing about all your farm happenings!!!

Morgan said...

Oh my goodnes...candied you-know-whats sound delicious! My mama and I have been wondering if the leftover apples are worth dehydrating. But they are kinda wormy...bleck...that wouldn't taste good no matter how much surgar was on it! Protein, right???

Hope you're having a good week!

CarolineNot said...

Janie, it's been so nice to see you pop up in the comment box. I keep a watchful eye on your blog, so if you start peeping again in the future, I'll enjoy reading your perspective on what's new in your little corner of the world. You know I appreciated your posts in the past.

Aw, Morgan, I hear you about those worms. Kinda makes a gal wanna suit-up in hazmat attire while paring and slicing. *shudder*