Thursday, June 26, 2008

Guest Chickenpapa (and frappu)

Our computer is just a bit too close to the kitchen for avoiding notice of it, and its appointed chair seemed just now like a great spot to rest over a glass of frappuccino. I don't even know what frappuccino is, to be honest, but we'll call it that and be good with it. One of these days, I'm going to have to post a recipe for Tropical Frappuccino over at CarolineNot Cuisine, because everyone should be able to sip it. (From stemware. Purchased at Wal*Mart. Because sure enough, if you use crystal, you'll break it. And you're fine with faux opulence.) Once I figure out how much of what I'm pouring into that blender, I'll let you know how to make your own. If you're adventuresome and impatient, use coffee crystals, coconut, banana, milk, heavy cream, sugar, and ice. Then send me half a thank you card. ºÜº

So no, I've not just been sitting here all morning. In fact, I've tidied myself and the house, gone to town, got repaired my second flat tire in 8 days, bought fabric for SugarPlum dresses (I'm crazy) and cotton yarn to make Little Loo new dishcloths for her new kitchen (I'm dishcloth crazed) and anchovies for salad dressing. Hey, I didn't create the recipe; I'm just obeying.

Frappu and I found an email from Zoomer when we sat down here, and she'd sent me a photo of the chickpapa, Fernando. I think you ought to see the handsome dad.

Zoomer also told me an excellent story about planting her green beans, and I'd like to share it. Since I never quote from emails without prior permission, much less publish bits on the www for all the world to see, I'll be asking to post the story here.

Over and out!

Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The Lord be magnified. ~Psalm 40:16

No comments: