Thursday, February 28, 2008

What Have I Done

All the blog redecorating sort of reminds me of the time I laboriously stroked and rolled 1½ gallons of paint on Son3's bedroom walls, then stood back and grimaced over the decorative faux pas. I'd have called the color something like Grey Poupon Mustard on Steroids. A tablespoon+ in the potato salad is good. A gallon+ on the walls is bad. So I left it on the ceiling and took the walls to forest green. What!? Uh-huh, I did. And I liked it, so calm down.

Calm. Speaking of calm, isn't green supposed to be a calming color? Can it also be nauseating? I think maybe it's nauseating. Or maybe my current condition is the result of mixing colors, then with keystrokes and mouseclicks splashing them all over my monitor with much greater speed than one can wash and re-dip a paintbrush.

I'm woozy.

I'm also dangerous with a keyboard and a bucket of html.

So having wreaked havoc now with my blog template, I'm slinking away...without benefit of knowing what it really looks like, because I've become cross-eyed and ill. If I've made you sick, I'm kinda sorry. Martha Stewart is really sorry. Hildi isn't sorry at all. Hildi would probably like me.

P.S. Don't even think it'll end here. I'm liable to go through every color in the bucket before it's over.

P.P.S. If you weren't here during the green hour you'll have no idea what I'm talking about. That's okay. I usually don't either.

By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. ~I John 5:2, 3

2 comments:

Ginger said...

I would say that one possibility of the sick woozie type feeling would be the paint fumes!!! Plus the enhanced Grey Poupon color would have to have something to do with it!

Anonymous said...

The new template is awesome.

Very bright, but also sort of rustic.