Sunday, February 17, 2008

Beautiful(Not?) Snow

I held the breakfast tray, while Son3 bundled and booted for the delivery trek to Bammy's quarters, then swung the door open for him. As he departed, I paused in the open doorway and surveyed the flake-filled skies.

"Beautiful snow. That's a beautiful snow. Isn't that pretty?" I called out to Son3.

Son3 turned his immediately white-dotted head toward me, squinting and blinking against the blinding snowflakes, and said with a hint of exasperation, "Nooo."

I guess it's all about one's vantage point. Oopsie.


The day is thine, the night also is thine: thou hast prepared the light and the sun. Thou hast set all the borders of the earth: thou hast made summer and winter. ~Psalm 74:16, 17

1 comment:

Annie T. said...

Vantage point...that's exactly it! It was big, beautiful flakes that I, too, saw floating by the DesMoines motel window, clinging to the pine trees & lolly-gagging to the ground. 'Twas not the same feeling when forced to drive in the only open lane on I-35...blustery, snowy, & slushy...coming home today.