Sunday, December 14, 2008

Poor Reporter

Big uh-oh.  The fellow is probably going to lose his job.  I hope he doesn't have a wife and children to support, and his parents have a spare room available to him.

He should have gone to the staff meetings.  I don't want to sound too puffed up or unsympathetic, but this is what he gets for skipping out.

This week, I heard a reporter say there was a conspiracy led by the Illinois governor to sell BO's Senate seat.  He used the word conspiracy as a noun and didn't even whisper the word theory.  It was literally jarring to my ears.  My head immediately whipped in the direction of the television, so I could see who'd made this surprising error.

Shoulda gone to the meetings, Buddy.  Can't say conspiracy any more, unless you use it as an adjective, modifying theory or theorists, immediately making venomous and debasing statements about people who reveal or report conspiracies.  Even when video evidence, audio evidence, documents, eyewitness and scientific testimonies number in the hundreds, DO NOT USE THE WORD CONSPIRACY AS A NOUN.

Add one more to the ranks of the unemployed.

Or not?


Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.  ~Matthew 5:5

2 comments:

Annie T. said...

Hey, I like your new signature, CarolineNot!

CarolineNot said...

Why, thank you! ºÜº