Thursday, August 28, 2008

Rain

We sort of got stuck sitting in the van for a while this evening, so we unbuckled the Plum, and she sat on my lap, pushing every button she could reach, singing, rubbing her fingers through the dust acquired in a van which travels gravel roads, and insisting that Poppie feel the texture of a plastic dash accoutrement. In an unwiggly moment she noticed...

"It's raining!" she exclaimed, when she saw a smattering of raindrops upon the windshield.

"I know," I replied. Then I waxed all Nana-like and quasi-poetical. "I can smell it. I love the smell of rain. Can you smell the rain?"

Arms still folded and fixed on the dashboard, watching the drops hit the glass, without even turning her head, she said, "It's water, Honey. It's just water."

Later, I captured these images. I know, I know, they're clouds. They're just clouds.
clickable









The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. ~Psalms 19:1

No comments: