Sunday, November 11, 2007

Homemade Granola - Stop!

Don't do it. Or if you do it, find someone with one of those blogs or websites with photo-illustrated, step-by-step directions, and do as she did. I love those things. I'm not a tutorially-instructed cook (maybe I should be!), but I'll gaze at a photo of anything.

I made granola. It's kinda ucky. It doesn't even look good, as evidenced by the arms reaching this morning for boxed cereal and Dolly Madison's cinnamon bread.

It's healthy though; heavily laced with flax seed. Of course, after I bought my whole flax seed, I learned that milled flax seed is a better form for delivering the flax goodies. Bother. Well, I'm chewing very thoroughly -- mouth-milling. And my flax seeds are time-release goodness: I'm sure I'll be spending hours prodding the little buggars from between my teeth.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. ~Ephesians 2:8, 9