Wednesday, October 31, 2007

HalloweenNot

Halloween: it’s not funny, and it’s not fun.

Evil is real: encouraged as a child to watch horror films and to be entertained by various deeds of darkness, I also had nightmares nearly every night of my young life.
[I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me. -Psalm 101:3]

Witchcraft is real: witches will celebrate their god and his power today.

Devils are real: those poor souls who believe they’re communicating with dead people are dancing with demons. This is not a nice party and without repentance will lead to eternal separation from God.

Death is real: I watched my daddy, my sister, my mother-in-law, and my mother die. Someone, anyone, derives pleasure from images and costumes mimicking the dead or death? Wretched. God
[whose name is YHWH -- not to be confused with Higher Power (aka Self) or Allah or Buddha or Maitreya or any other of the many gods] have mercy. Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.

Halloween: not my idea of fun. Not for me. Ugly.

When thou art come into the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations. There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord: and because of these abominations the Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee. -Deuteronomy 18:9-12

And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the Lord, which he commanded them not. And there went out fire from the Lord, and devoured them, and they died before the Lord. -Leviticus 10:1, 2


For I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
~ II Timothy 1:12 \o/