Monday, March 30, 2009

The Plum Gardens

[This post was written and in the process of editing Saturday morning, when the power went out...and was restored 30 hours later.  The ice encasement grew to between ½" and ¾" and made for an interesting weekend.  As I was saying, when I was so rudely interrupted...]

Thoughts of gardening, while the formerly beautiful peach and plum blossoms languish solidly and heavily encased in ice, may seem a bit disjointed.  Then again, this may be a perfect time to enjoy SugarPlum's gardening endeavors last weekend, when (*singing*) "the weather outside wasn't frightful."





Her Mama2 reports the second they were finished planting, the little darlin' said, "Okay.  Now let's wait," and squatted down to watch the seeds.  'Xcuse me for saying so, myself, but I think that's entirely too cute.


Gardening is a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it.


SugarPlum did it.




Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.  He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.  ~Isaiah 40:28

4 comments:

Annie T. said...

The prettiest little gardener I've ever seen!! ♥

So, have you been buried in snow there? I've been wondering. We missed most of it, receiving only a skift.

Laurel said...

So sorry to hear you are buried in the ice, I must say I don't miss that! How wonderful to be able to look ahead to wonderful plants.

CarolineNot said...

Laurel, you can be especially glad you're in sunny AZ now, although Saturday's wintry mix and shivering temps gave way to 50s on Sunday. By afternoon, no one would have guessed we'd been iced and snowed upon. And so it goes.

Annie, we, too, received less than full ground cover, which fell briefly betwixt long periods of freezing rain. When it was snowing, it was also clumping mid-air, forming the biggest "flakes" I've ever seen. Impressive. Ü

joycie said...

Well we didn't get the freezing rain. Only the most beautiful snow, it really lifted my spirits to watch God's masterpiece. \O/

Joycie