Sunday, July 29, 2007

Chick Jammies

Too tired to wiggle by Friday evening, I postponed the planned trip into town to purchase a new heat lamp bulb for the chicks and hoped they'd fare well overnight with just a regular light bulb for heat. They did...whew!

Confessing my slothfulness and reporting to OAO Daughter that the chicks survived, she suggested I make pajamas for the chicks and forget about the heat bulb.

"Yeah, I could do that." I could use the flannel fabric I bought last December to make my then-expected and now 4-month-old grand-nephew a blanket. "...You know, a blanket which requires only seaming together two pieces of fabric and binding them. Sure, I should use that fabric to make jammies for 35 chicks. That's going to happen."

Maybe there will be a blanket by the time the snow flies. And if I ever sit down to weave in the loose ends of the one I knitted for the little guy, he'll have that one too.

Someone smack that saucy little girl for me. She must take after her dad.

And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us:
and establish thou the work of our hands upon us;
yea, the work of our hands establish thou it.
Psalm 90:17

No comments: